AddressMICROSOFT HQ, Bulevardul Iuliu Maniu. 6P Clădirea Campus, București 061103 View map
The threat landscape to which a country is exposed is one of the essential factors when considering new investments in a state in 2023, as business leaders are more aware than ever of cyber threats. A recent report released at Davos, Switzerland, revealed that 93% of cybersecurity executives and 86% of their business counterparts view the risk of a catastrophic cyber event occurring within the next two years as either ‘high’ or ‘moderately high’.
However, organizations still face significant challenges when effectively addressing cyber issues. Companies need to improve the frequency and quality of IT security training, cyber incident response plans, and cybersecurity governance.
The work-from-home or hybrid work environment, the war in Ukraine, and the economic context characterized by high inflation, coupled with the new developments in AI and machine learning sector also create new opportunities for cybercriminals. Attacks are evolving from shutting down laptops or stealing data to hacking internet-connected industrial control systems. These compromised devices can either be used as initial attack vectors from which cybercriminals can pivot within a country’s critical infrastructure or be tampered with to disrupt critical infrastructure operations.
In this context, the Chamber of Commerce Switzerland-Romania, IT training centre Swiss Webacademy and Microsoft will organize, on February 9th 2023, the event ’Cybertech or Science Fiction: What investors need to know about cybersecurity trends and vulnerabilities in 2023’, to emphasize the expected impact of new technologies and new vulnerabilities on the business sector.
Thursday, February 9, 2023 | 09:00 – 13:00
Registration and quick breakfast begin at 08:30
Networking lunch at 12:00
9:00 – 9:05 Welcome speech
Daniela Chrzanovski, General Manager Swiss Webacademy
& Cybersecurity leader of CCE-R content-oriented working group
9:05 – 9:10 A Swiss perspective regarding the cybersecurity landscape
Arthur Mattli, Ambassador of Switzerland in Romania
9:10 – 9:30 Microsoft Security, Our Journey Together
Eugen Rusen – Security Cloud Solution Architects Lead CEE, Microsoft
09:30 – 10:30. Panel 1. How can companies cope with new technologies trends and better protect their IT infrastructure
Maria-Manuela CATRINA, Deputy Director, DNSC – moderator
- Working in a new digital world: emerging technologies, challenges and threats.
- Trends and partnership in Cybersecurity
- Threats & Trends in business finance & banking
- How to recognize & prevent CyberCrime. New Vulnerabilities – Latest cybersecurity threats for industry & enterprises.
- Do’s and dont’s when your company is under a cyberattack
- Moe Jame, CEO, Team Extension & IT leader of CCE-R content-oriented working group
- Eugen Rusen – Security Cloud Solution Architects Lead CEE, Microsoft
- Sorin Ioan STĂNICĂ, Chief Police Commissioner, Head of Prevention Office, IGPR
- Cătălin Zetu, Principal Inspector, Head of the Bureau for Investigation of Crimes against Information Systems – IGPR.
10:30 – 11:30. Panel 2. Cybersecurity Case Studies. Real-world examples & lessons learned
Magda Popescu, Outside Legal Counsel to Microsoft Digital Crimes Unit – moderator & speaker
- Business Email Compromise – what it is, cases and means to prevent it
- How exposed are Romanian companies to cyber threats
- What are the most common mistakes that business leaders do when they face a ransomware attack
- Legal implications of Cryptoware Attacks and defense solutions
- How Artificial Intelligence is defending organizations against cyberattacks
- Marius Amza, Director & Co-founder Swiss WebBusiness
- Eduard Ștefan, CEO & Co-founder, GESP IT Solution
- Ovidiu Bernaschi, GM & Founder, InoviTeC